Sunday 20 February 2011

Welcome to the VP Blog

Good morning world!  I'm delighted to be posting the first post on the new Valley Press blog, officially launched as of now.  I've no idea how long this will run, or what sort of interesting things we might end up talking about, but that's probably what makes the start of a new blog so exciting.  You are excited, aren't you?  If not, close your eyes for a second, remember the most exciting action sequence in the most exciting book you ever read, then open your eyes again.  Now you're ready to read some blogs.

It seemed only natural to take full advantage of the modern, social internet to create a community (and hopefully sell some books) on behalf of VP, and I hope to bring you the thoughts of various other people involved with my humble publishing label in the coming hours, days and weeks.  I've left the description in the title bar purposefully vague, as I don't want to close the door to anyone - we can only publish so many authors per year, but I meet or speak to hundreds of fascinating people every month, and I'm hoping a good percentage of them can contribute to the blog.

I myself have been blogging for the last few months on a site named Let's Talk About You for a While, and I'm not yet sure what will become of that site now I have this shiny new outlet for my occasional thoughts; a place to write posts with a purpose, no less!  I mention the old site here as a respectful nod to the past, and to help any blog historians considering this opening post in the centuries to come dig just a little bit further back.  How are you doing, by the way, blog historians?  Did this sort of thing eventually result in the world's transformation into a post-apocalyptic digital wasteland?  Let me know by hitting 'comments' below (not that I'd stop - it's far too exciting.)

I'll draw this to a close for now, but I hope you'll come back and endeavour to keep up with the posts here.  I for one can't wait to read what everyone comes up with - particularly me!

- J.M.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see it up and running Jamie,

    I will drop in on a regular basis

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation ! The launching of new and exciting poets and writers from Valley Press.
    We believe in your success.

    ReplyDelete