Friday 2 March 2012

VP Books 'at Large' in Yorkshire

As I wander round the county in search of further sales and acclaim, there are some very pleasant occasions when I unexpectedly stumble across a Valley Press book.  Here is some photographic evidence from the last few months of the books 'on location', arguably in their natural habitat - the bookshop...

Norah Hanson's Love Letters... in the window of Waterstone's Hull.

Steve Rudd's Pulse in WHSmith Driffield (travel section).

...and on the counter with 'Angry Birds', an unlikely pairing!

Four copies of Jo Reed's Stone Venus in Waterstone's Scarborough.

Apologies for the quality of the pictures - all taken with my phone, the best equipment I had to hand!  If you, gentle reader, should happen to see any of our books in a shop near you (and you've got a lot of time on your hands), why not write in and let us see it!  Frankly, it's how I get my kicks.  If you'd then like to forward a picture of the empty shelf, after they've all been bought en masse, that will be even better...

2 comments:

  1. With a few more like this you could set up a treasure trail round Yorkshire's more discerning bookshops. With prizes of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jamie, this must have been a good thing to see :)

    If I had payed more attention on the covers, I would have seen it when I was looking for Valley Press books in Scarborough, just days before you posted this. I got discouraged when the poetry section in the bookstore was upstairs and my feet didn't want to carry me anymore. :) Next time, I will look better and walk on good shoes :)

    Good luck
    Ina

    ReplyDelete