Monday 28 March 2011

21st Century Boy

I'd just like to take a little time to do some shameless self-promotion here. I've just set up a YouTube account in order to upload some videos of me reading my poetry out. I may look a fop and feel a fool, but it's just part of an attempt to reach that wider audience and broaden my experience of performing, which at the current moment is very minimal.

Here, for your pleasure, is the first and so far only video:


If you have any comments or feedback please let me know. Indeed, requests are even considered! Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I thought this was fantastic, James--definitely art in its own right, with the dark screen and the words filling the gap. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan! It wasn't actually intended to be that dark. I recorded it on my laptop webcam though, which is all the apparatus I have and unfortunately it seems not to have picked up any light. If it works for people like that, though, good stuff!. You can read that poem and more at http://hellopoetry.com/#!/poet/james-mcloughlin :) James

    ReplyDelete