Friday 1 April 2011

Last Chance to Own VP0005

VP afficionados will already be aware of an upcoming poetry collection known as The Dead Snail Diaries, catalogue number VP0012, hopefully with us before Spring has passed.  However, you may not be so familiar with the book pictured to the right - VP0005 - and you should get to know it quick, because it will soon become a piece of Valley Press history.

In 2009, after completing the first ten poems of the 'Snail Sequence', I produced a series of hand-made booklets (fifty copies in total), fully illustrated, on thick cream paper, bound in lovely brown card - a labour of love, though I did this mainly so I'd have something snail-related to sell when I tested these poems out on the road.  With the finished collection due, it occurs to me that the window for selling these copies is about to pass - so with this in mind, I have put the remaining copies on eBay, so that readers of the blog (if indeed you are out there) can 'buy it now' for an highly reasonable price of £4.  I'll be sending these out myself, so if you put in a request (i.e. 'please made this out to Josie') in the 'comments' box when you pay, I'll be happy to personalise them.

I can guarantee that no further copies of this edition will ever be printed, and you can't get hold of it anywhere else - it doesn't even have an ISBN number!  So if you've got £4 to spare, this could be an interesting way to relieve yourself of that amount.  Note: if for some reason you don't like eBay, but you still want a copy, drop me a line and we'll sort out something more old-fashioned.

Thanks for your time!  - J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment